Borussia Dortmund Police Clear 'Suspicious Objects' After Champions League Game

2 Islamic extremists are focus of bomb attack on Borussia Dortmund team bus 1 detained German prosecutor

Germany probes possible Islamist links to Dortmund bus attack - media

"We also know that we had to compete here".

"For me it is irresponsible that the players have to take to the pitch today".

Sahin told Viasat in Norway: "It's hard, hard to talk about it, hard to find the right words". We love football. We suffer with football.

The 28-year-old, who has previously had a loan spell with Liverpool, added: "I know football is very important".

"Last evening we felt how it is to be in this situation. Last night we felt it".

The series of explosions Tuesday hit the Borussia Dortmund team bus, injuring player Marc Bartra and a policeman.

The Spaniard was taken to hospital and had surgery on a broken bone in his wrist.

But the head of domestic intelligence for the region, Burkhard Freyer, said investigators had not ruled out the extreme-right, the far-left or hooligans of being behind the attack. It could easily have been a lot worse. I can not forget the faces. I was on way home from Melwood and Matt [Liverpool's press officer] called to tell me that something happened on the bus and I tried immediately to get some information. I will never forget these faces in my life for sure.

Schmelzer also highlighted the impact of the attack on his side.

"They [UEFA] have to understand that we are not animals". "You read the whole time of an attack on our bus".

"We aren't animals, we're humans, who have family and children at home", said the Greece global. I hope that what happened to us, never happens to anyone else.

The bombs containing metal pieces detonated minutes after the team bus set off to a Champions League game against Monaco on Tuesday night.

UEFA said it made the decision after consulting both teams, however Tuchel said he and his players were not asked.

"Of course the events in Dortmund and the consequences of the attack were shocking for the clubs of the Bundesliga".

Freiburg's coach, Christian Streich, came down on the other side of the debate, arguing that playing the match was part of a cause that was larger than reaching the semifinals.

Ralf Jaeger, interior minister in the state encompassing Dortmund, said the investigation was looking "in all directions", and it was unclear if one or several attackers were involved.

"We let the players choose if they wanted to play. In the end we made the best we could of the match". Fourth only brings a playoff. The league sent a message to the team, wishing Bartra for a speedy recovery.

"We saw a lot of times on TV and it was far away from us, even when it was in Istanbul which is in my country".

Ousmane Dembele pulled one back for Dortmund on 57 minutes, but Mbappe fired in his second of the game to leave Monaco as favorites to reach the last four, despite Shinji Kagawa's late strike.

Otras noticias