Just before Fox News' parent company 21st Century Fox announced O'Reilly won't be returning to the network, TheBlaze founder predicted The O'Reilly Factor host was likely in his final 24 hours at the channel.
That payday is almost double what O'Reilly and the company coughed-up in terms of settlements with five women who had complained about sexual harassment or other inappropriate behavior by the larger than life Fox star.
Later that year, O'Reilly was sued for sexual harassment by a Fox producer named Andrea Mackris, whose allegations against the host included claims of inappropriate and vulgar phone calls.
"It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims". He had plenty say on the world we live in now as well, and expressed surprise that sexual harassment is now a crime.
O'Reilly was sacked by Fox on Wednesday after a report earlier this month that five women were paid $13 million in settlements after they alleged he has sexually harassed or mistreated them. The publication said that the women who came out against the announcer worked for him or was featured on one of his shows.
I'm no fan of Fox News, which is the propaganda arm of the GOP establishment and pushes for more wars and scaremongers over Islamic terrorism. "You know, more power to the good things that Fox News is doing".
Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes left the network last summer after he also faced allegations of sexual harassment, including from former Fox anchor Gretchen Carlson.
O'Reilly, 67, has been the most recognisable face of Fox News for much of its 21 years, meaning his exit will test viewer loyalty. At the time, O'Reilly broke his promise to make Walsh a paid contributor at Fox News after she declined an invitation to his hotel suite.
When the ladies of "The View" asked Burgess why she was speaking out now, she said that she was "tired of reliving the trauma every time" she saw another woman coming forward.
According to CBS News, O'Reilly will receive $25 million in severance from the network.