Third London attacker was Moroccan-Italian - Italy investigative source

Rachid Redouane was a 30-year-old Moroccan-Libyan pastry chef who had until recently been living in Dublin.

May's comments follow an attack Saturday in London that left at least seven people dead and dozens more injured. The assailants killed eight people and wounded 48 others.

Corriere wrote that Zaghba was stopped at Bologna airport in 2016 when he was trying to fly to Syria via Turkey.

The report said Italy had put him on a watch list and flagged his presence to Moroccan and British authorities.

The London terror attack is following the same script as the Manchester bombing as well as countless other high-profile terror incidents throughout Europe, in which the attacks were carried out by people who had been known to the police.

MI5 say Youssef Zaghba, 22, was not a "police or MI5 subject of interest", the Metropolitan Police said.

The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for its "fighters" carrying out the attack.

Questions remain over whether investigators had the resources to look into complaints such as those leveled by Butt's neighbors about his attempts to radicalize children and whether crucial opportunities were missed that could have saved lives.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick told Sky News on Monday she would not release further details in what she described as a fast-moving investigation, not would she say whether authorities were familiar with the men ahead of the attack.

Speaking to BBC about the victims, he said: "They are all mine, even though I don't know their names".

She said she didn't approve of his London friends and never felt comfortable in the London neighbourhood where he lived. In a letter posted outside Tuesday, the Ummah Fitness Centre said staff would "help the police in any way we can".

Breaking down in tears, Nasir Dar said he felt ashamed of the bloodied attack at the hands of his nephew Khuram Butt, saying he felt like the victims were his family.

Thomas, 45, was walking with his girlfriend over the bridge when the attack began on Saturday night.

The latest opinion poll, by Survation for ITV, had the Conservatives' lead over Labour narrowing to just one point from six points in the same poll a week earlier.

During that time, police numbers have dropped by roughly 20,000 officers, and the number of armed officers has fallen as well.

In the CCTV, the trio can be seen rushing at a passing pedestrian near Borough Market, raining down a series of blows while police cars approach. Borough Market, a popular gathering place, remains closed as more evidence is gathered.

Transport for London, which oversees the capital's transport network, has advised commuters to make alternative journeys as the station will be busy. Since the attack, he has said he fully supported the actions of the police.

The call to break encryption protocols that protect users of the messaging platforms and tighten rules around online content echoes previous sentiments expressed by British Prime Minister Theresa May.

Latest News