Inside Grenfell Tower: UK police relase images of aftermath of deadly fire

George Galloway calls for Theresa May to resign and arrests to be made over Grenfell Tower fire

George Galloway opened his show with a monologue

The latest update includes the 30 already confirmed to have died in the catastrophic fire in a west London tower block in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Cundy said the images and video of the scenes inside the Grenfell Tower would be released on Sunday, adding "We will not do that until we have contacted all the families we are supporting to let them know that's our intention".

On the lack of sprinklers in Grenfell Tower, and other buildings, he said: "My understanding is that the best expert advice is that retrofitting sprinklers may not always be the best technical way of ensuring fire safety in a building".

He added that teams and families of missing loved ones must prepare for "the awful reality" that some of those who died in the fire may never be identified due to the intensity of the fire.

“My understanding is that the cladding that was reported wasnt in accordance with United Kingdom building regulations, ” Hands told Sky News. Some said they had never seen a building fire advance so quickly.

British Prime Minister Theresa met the families of the victims on Saturday and assured them a total compensation of $6.4 million for emergency costs and for finding homes in nearby locations within three weeks, according to Bloomberg.

On Friday, William and Queen Elizabeth II visited the victims of the Grenfell Tower fire that killed as many as 58 people last week.

Five people who had been reported missing after the disaster have been found safe and well, he said.

Earlier this week, May was confronted by protesters furious over her handling of the Grenfell Tower disaster.

Releasing a tranche of footage showing the aftermath of the blaze, Mr Cundy said: "Today, police teams continue their support to families, and make enquiries to cross check the number of those missing".

"I'd like to reassure everybody that we will be looking at all criminal offenses that may have been committed by any individual or any organization", he said.

Workers will hold a muinute's silence at 11am to remember the 58 people confirmed to have died in the horrific blaze at the 23-storey tower block last week.

At a daily briefing with reporters, Mrs May's spokeswoman said the terms of reference of a public inquiry into the tower blaze were being drafted.

In other developments, a company that renovated the tower denied that cladding on the building was banned in the United Kingdom after comments made by Chancellor Philip Hammond.

Cundy promised an "exhaustive investigation" into the tragedy and said "my heart goes out to those affected".

Otras noticias